Taking on Germany
Third times a charm. Never in a million years did I think I’d be visiting Germany for a third time in two years but it’s such a quirky country. This time around I visited one of my best friends in Bielefeld, three hours by train from Köln. We packed in quite a bit for three days so I decided to put together a blog post about what to visit if you’re thinking of heading over!
- If you’re staying in Bielefeld or close to it, I would highly recommend getting on a bus to Bad Salzufen. It’s a beautiful German town which has to most incredible spa & thermal baths. The town is a thermal spa resort due to salt mines in the area. The air is incredibly crisp and fresh, I can’t even explain how pure it is inhaling! We visited the spa pools called Vita Sol. They are all heated and you float due to the salt water. My skin completed cleared up after one visit! I’ve honestly never experienced anything like it.
- Bielefeld is a gorgeous city too. It has an amazing shopping district with an indoor shopping centre called Loom. I had to pop into Douglas, Pennys, Bershka and Zara for a look.
- Eating out was pretty reasonable, the most I spent for a good dinner and drink was €10! If you’re looking for something tasty and cheap, L’Osteria is a must.
- We headed out on Friday night to a cute little Irish pub where they did two for one of cocktails! We then headed on to a few more bars. All in all, heading out wasn’t hugely expensive as most drinks weren’t more than €5.
I had already visited Köln but as my flight out of Köln airport was quite late we decided to head there for the day. We used Flexibus and it only cost us €9… such a bargain!
- The city is packed with things to do, even on a Sunday. Sundays in Germany are very quiet as all of the shops close however the train station shops were all open and so were restaurants around the city.
- If you’re visiting Köln, I’d highly recommend climbing up the stairs of the church for incredible views and simply walking about the city. It’s so picturesque.
Hope you found this post helpful & enjoy your travels in Germany if you’re heading over!
PS. Thanks to my bestie for putting me up for the 3 days.
Catch up on my latest fashion post, here
All my love,